A concept being explored in the Far Sector by Admiral Jay P. Hailey. He has three ships with this arrangement so far and it is working.
The concept is a Rear Admiral permanently assigned to a heavy cruiser. Said admiral does not have a fixed base but goes were the ship goes. So far it has been used in the case of three pairs that work extremely well together. A Captain and First Officer of weighty experience and good chemistry.
- It keeps experienced officers in the field were they do the most good.
- It allows for distributed flag officers that keep aware of field conditions and can respond more quickly to crisis situations.
Free Range AdmiralsEdit
- Rear Admiral Li'ira Mary O'Keeff -- USS Abraham Dannon, Captain Cinilan commanding. Assigned to the Kliges'chee implosion zone.
- Rear Admiral Jay P. Hailey (2) USS Crystal City, Captain Li'ira (2) commanding. Assigned to the Trantorian Border
- Rear Admiral James T. Kirk (2) -- USS Sigma Seven, Captain Spock (2) commanding. Assigned to the lily pad project.