These laws apply no matter the method used to travel time, a technological device or magical artifact. In short time travel is a Bad Thing. This will not end well.
- Time is not a singular flow.
- Energy required to change future events decreases logarithmically as the factor of time increases. If X change requires Y power for +t time, then X change requires y/10 power for +t2.
- Energy required to change past events increases logarithmically as the factor of time increases. If X change requires Y power for -t time, then X change requires y10 power for -t2.
- Time Travel never works like you think it will. The past is immutable. If you think you have changed the past, you have simply side slipped into a parallel universe. Past travel is highly likely to land you permanently away from home.
- Future travel is a drug trip. The future is so mutable that nothing that happens can be counted on. By the very act of looking at a possible future you could prevent it happening.
These laws apply in all cases of Epiphany Trek. The time travel plot is way over used. This is my way of keeping the time travel plot from even working. One does not need time travel to tell a completing story, ever. Any story that has time travel can be retold without it, and I consider that an improvement. They are labeled for Epiphany Trek because they are my laws. I'm not demanding anyone else comply, Your Board, Your Wave. Tesral 16:59, September 4, 2012 (UTC)