Starfleet Starship Size Categories:Edit
These were used by Starfleet to describe the rough size and capability of starships. Compare to The rating system of the British Royal Navy from 1600 to about 1850.
- Size Class 0 = Some Very Large Monsters
- Size Class 1 = Starbases
- Size Class 2 = Dreadnoughts and other Large Ships
- Size Class 3 = Cruisers (Heavy, Light, etc)
- Size Class 4 = Destroyers, Frigates, Escorts, Etc
- Size Class 5 = PFs, Interceptors, Small/Medium Ground Bases
- Size Class 6 = Shuttlecraft, Fighters, Heavy Fighters
- Size Class 7 = Missiles, Plasma Torpedoes, Mines
This system of size classification was broken by the USS Excelsior and fell out of use by 2299.
I borrowed this from Star Fleet Battles. I borrow a lot of my image of how starships work from SFB, and especially in the TOS time period.
I also borrow a lot from FASA, but I find FASA not so well organized as SFB.
Jayphailey 03:24, 30 August 2009 (UTC)