Ships of the Star Fleet: MastercomEdit
© Mastercon 1991 no ISBN number: Ships of the Star Fleet were two technical manuals of Star Trek movie-era starships, published in 1991 by Mastercom Data Center.
Ships of the Star Fleet Volume One - Revised (shown) included such vessels as the various subclasses of the Constitution-class heavy cruisers, the Knox-class and Surya-class frigates, various iterations of the Avenger-class heavy frigate and foldout diagrams of the Belknap-class strike cruiser. There was a revised version of the first volume published. It's major changes were the addition of perspective drawings of ships of two of the Heavy Crusier classes.
Ships of the Star Fleet Akyazi-Class Perimeter Action Ship, Volume Two/Number One: focuses on Akyazi-class perimeter action ships and subclasses thereof.
These reference works were one of the most high-profile pieces of fan-authored content ever made. They were published without official sanction from Paramount Pictures and sold at conventions and bookstores, reportedly garnering attention from the Star Trek franchise's lawyers.
Ship of the Star Fleet: ASDBEdit
The Ships of the Star Fleet series was later revived online by fan Chris Wallace of the Advanced Starship Design Bureau. The new version consisted of eight volumes of vessels, procedures and fleet deployment. They use internal color, unlike the Mastercom volumes. These are available in PDF format on the web. They are:
- Klingon Military Power - Ships
- Ships of the Star Fleet Volume One - Cruisers
- Ships of the Star Fleet Volume Two - Patrol Combatants
- Ships of the Star Fleet Volume Three - Scouts and Escorts
- Ships of the Star Fleet Volume Four - Star Fleet Operating Forces
- Starfleet Prototype the Journal of Innovative Design and Ideas
- The Best of Dockyard Review Volume One: 2290-2350
- The Best of Dockyard Review Volume Two: 2350-2390