Starfleet has marked the vessel as destroyed even if the physical presence makes semi-appearances now and again. Approach is no longer advised under any circumstances.
In Epiphany Trek the Defiant became a sort of flying Dutchman of space, forever appearing and disappearing in odd locations, and interacting with the multiverse in strange ways.
The ST-OM DS-10 incident is considered Epiphany Trek Canon
the USS Crystal City encountered the Defiant. They interacted only with transporters.
- Schuler and Paxton from DS-10 were rescued, or close enough. They have a woman with green hair with them, one Felania. She is a warrior priestess of Indbar.
- Two pre space flight Klingons and two Hur'Q, a species until them extinct and known only from Klingon records are rescued.
- Three sentinel Apes from an Alternate universe..
- Lt. Tandala McBride, Lt. Baker, Dr.Smith Lt. Crystara from DS-10. Lts Jefferson and Mann from the USS Harrier. However, they are from a near AU, the originals got out in the DS-10 incident.
- A tentacled mess that they failed to communicate with and ended up detonating. Physics didn't like it.
In ST-OM, the Defiant became a sort of flying Dutchman of space, forever appearing and disappearing in odd locations, and interacting with the multiverse in strange ways.